Being creative is something I am passionate about. I’m a people watcher. I love to observe and my work is all about documenting the love, interations and authentic emotion of my clients. I love meeting new people and being a part of the special times in their lives. It makes me genuinely excited.
Photography has been in my blood since I was young; making my little sister pose against tacky bedsheets as backdrops while I took her photo with a cheapo film camera my mom gave me. It wasn’t until I moved to the city after college that I started to think about this hobby more seriously. Over the years, as I started doing it more and more, my business started to develop. Flash forward 12 years later and I’m thrilled to call photography my full time gig. Not only do I get to do what I love but I am also free to spend more time at home with our son Smith and my loving husband Jerrod.
If you’ve ever worked with me, you’ve seen that I give my all and take complete joy and pride in what I do. Thanks to my ‘Type A’ personality and accounting background, I appreciate organization and structure in business. I am devoted to my clients and will do everything in my power to make sure they are happy and taken care of.
So how would I describe my style? You won’t find any studio portraits here; all of my work is done outdoors or in your home to get the most authentic images. I like to document my clients lives honestly and throw the awkward poses out the window; which most people appreciate.
When it comes to weddings, up until 2016 my husband Jerrod and I have operated as a husband and wife team. Being best friends it was always so much fun to be able to shoot together on wedding days. However, since the birth of our first baby, in January of 2015, we had to shift things a little. After much thought we decided that it would be best for Jerrod will take on more of a parenting role and stay home with our son. As for me, I will continue to shoot weddings primary on my own and will be working with a few new second shooters going forward for little that extra help.
A little more about us:
- We were married in August 2012. We had a small intimate wedding on an acreage just south of Saskatoon and planned our entire wedding in 2.5 months.
- Our wedding was featured in Wedding Bells magazine in the fall 2013 issue.
- I (Lauren) have shot upwards to 160 weddings. Jerrod joined in around the 90 mark when we began dating in 2010.
- We have two pets, a cat and a dog. The cat weighs more than the dog.
- We welcomed our first baby boy, Smith, in January 2015. He’s super chunky and seems to win everyones hearts on Instagram.
- We both come from farms in southern Saskatchewan.
- More often than not we develop personal friendships with our clients and more often than not continue to see each other even after the job is done.
- We have won Planet S Magazine’s “Best of Saskatoon” award for Best Professional Photographer two years in a row for 2012 and 2013.
Check out the links for our latest blog posts – but first, here is some “behind the scenes” Insta-goodness!
If you’re interested in my work I would love to talk with you or meet for a cup of coffee. Let’s start a friendship and make something beautiful!