Hi! Welcome to my blog.
My name is Lauren and I am a Professional Wedding & Lifestyle Photographer based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. After moving to Saskatoon in the early 2000’s I took an interest in photography and have been shooting ever since. Over the years my vision, style of photography and sharp business sense has evolved into something that I’m very proud of today. Also, I truly believe that giving clients the right guidance and developing a relationship with them, helps them to open up and get images that are captivating.
When it comes to weddings, up until 2016 my husband Jerrod and I have operated as a husband and wife team. Being best friends it was always so much fun to be able to shoot together on wedding days. However, since the birth of our first baby, in January of 2015, we had to shift things a little. After much thought we decided that it would be best for Jerrod will take on more of a parenting role and stay home with our son. As for me, I will continue to shoot weddings primary on my own and will be working with a few new second shooters going forward for little that extra help.
A little more about us:
- We were married in August 2012. We had a small intimate wedding on an acreage just south of Saskatoon and planned our entire wedding in 2.5 months.
- Our wedding was featured in Wedding Bells magazine in the fall 2013 issue.
- I (Lauren) have shot upwards to 160 weddings. Jerrod joined in around the 90 mark when we began dating in 2010.
- We have two pets, a cat and a dog. The cat weighs more than the dog.
- We welcomed our first baby boy, Smith, in January 2015. He’s super chunky and seems to win everyones hearts on Instagram.
- We both come from farms in southern Saskatchewan.
- More often than not we develop personal friendships with our clients and more often than not continue to see each other even after the job is done.
- We have won Planet S Magazine’s “Best of Saskatoon” award for Best Professional Photographer two years in a row for 2012 and 2013.
Check out the links for our latest blog posts – but first, here are a few of our behind the scenes Instagram shots to help you get to know our lives a little better.