Hi! Welcome to our blog.
My name is Lauren Dietrich and I am a Professional Wedding & Lifestyle Photographer based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. After moving to Saskatoon in the early 2000’s I took an interest in photography and have been shooting ever since. Over the years my vision and style of photography has evolved into something that I’m very proud of today. I strive to stick to what I personally believe true “Lifestyle” photography is all about by stepping out of the box to capture my clients in a candid, everyday-life kind of way. Gone are the days of stiff poses and cheesy smiles, I believe that giving clients the right guidance and developing a relationship with them, helps them to open up and get images that are captivating.
When it comes to weddings, Jerrod and I operate as a husband and wife team. We are best friends and it gives us great joy to be able to shoot together on wedding days. We love to be creative and aren’t afraid to get a little dirty to get the right shot. We love life and we love our job as photographers! We treat each client as a personal friend which we believe allows them to feel comfortable with us which greatly influences the final result.
A little more about us:
- We were married in August 2012. We had a small intimate wedding on an acreage just south of Saskatoon and planned our entire wedding in 2.5 months.
- Our wedding was featured in Wedding Bells magazine in the fall 2013 issue.
- I (Lauren) have shot upwards to 160 weddings. Jerrod joined in around the 90 mark when we began dating in 2010.
- We have two pets, a cat and a dog. The cat weighs more than the dog.
- We just recently welcomed our first child in January of 2015, son, Smith Dietrich
- We both come from farms in southern Saskatchewan.
- More often than not we develop personal friendships with our clients and more often than not continue to see each other even after the job is done.
- We have won Planet S Magazine’s “Best of Saskatoon” award for Best Professional Photographer two years in a row for 2012 and 2013.
Available for coverage in Saskatchewan and Worldwide!
Lauren + Jerrod
Check out the links for our latest blog posts – but first, here are a few of our behind the scenes Instagram shots.